There’s no doubt that life kind of sucks right now. For everyone. I’ve struggled to stay in a good head space, especially when I start thinking about how long this might go on. But one of the ways I’ve intentionally tried to control my thoughts is to make a list of the good things that have come from this crisis.
This list is certainly not complete and I will continue to update it as more good comes to light.
What things would you add?
- Some Good News
- Less polluted skies.
- A ceasefire in the Saudi Arabia/Yemen war.
- It feels much safer to run or when Chris ride his bike.
- Noticeably less traffic on Vickers.
- Book Study with my sisters.
- Aunt Barbara’s Book Club
- Both kids now learning another language (Cara – French and Tyce – Spanish) with the [free] Rosetta Stone.
- Sleeping in.
- Now that everything’s online, I can experience my brother in law’s worship leading.
- Jared Polis’ bold and compassionate leadership.
- Finally doing the parent/kid sleepovers we’ve been promising.
- Current movies are being released for home viewing which means I can watch Emma and Onward at home.
- Made my first sourdough starter. Doubled as a science lesson with my daughter.
- My book club, our small group and happy hour with friends have all gone virtual.
- The whole #TogetheratHome movement.
- SupporttheSprings.com is a thing now.
- I have a new, handmade sweater mug.
- Snooze will now deliver breakfast. To my doorstep.
- Community support rallying around small, local businesses.
- I get to have lunch with my kids every day.
- Our church is innovating and finding new (better?) ways to connect and build community.
- We went to Cottonwood Park a couple days ago. It was full of families doing things together.
- I’m now in contact with my siblings daily.
- I’m running [almost] daily.