I’ve had a couple friends mention over the last couple days that although we haven’t talked much lately, they keep up on my life through my blog. So I figure I better post some stuff to keep them up to date.
So Karen, Sara, (and whoever else might be interested in my life) … this is for you. 🙂
1. My summer housemate Brionna just left early this morning to go back to school in California. I’m excited for her and sad for me. It was great having her around and I’m really going to miss her! Havana provides decent companionship, but she certainly doesn’t do her share of the housework.
2. Speaking of Havana, we started CGC class last night. That’s Canine Good Citizen class. According to the web site: CGC is a certification program that is designed to reward dogs who have good manners at home and in the community. Those of you who have met Havana can understand how something like this might be beneficial.
3. As of a few weeks ago, I’ve stopped drinking coffee. There were several factors that went into this decision. First of all, it’s become a bit of a habit for me and so stopping is an exercise in discipline. I don’t like being chemically dependent. Secondly, it’s a health thing. I have to drink something in the mornings, so if it’s not coffee, it’s usually orange juice or water. That’s much healthier. And finally, I like expensive coffee so it was costing me quite a bit of money to keep myself supplied. I’m hoping this new plan will save me roughly $30 a month.
4. I’m getting wood floors put on the main level of my house next month. When I first bought my place, I didn’t bother replacing the already nasty carpet because I knew I wanted a puppy, but it’s just gone from bad to worse. I can’t wait! I get grossed out every time I run the vacuum. Or look down.
5. I’ve begun running! Just two miles. And just one or two times a week. It’s still not my favorite thing. Probably never will be. (Spinning will always be #1.) But it’s a great way for me to exercise myself and my dog at the same time. The key for me is good tunes. I hate running, but if I have good enough music to listen to, I can stand it. Any suggestions?
So there ya go. My life. Exciting, huh?
Have an excellent weekend, ya’ll!
Salu. (My friend Roberto from El Salvador told me that’s how they say goodbye there.)